Iran says Natanz nuclear facility not damaged after “incident”

DUBAI (Reuters) – An “incident” has occurred at Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility but no damage was prompted and the web page is running as usual, the countrywide Atomic Energy Organisation reported on Thursday.

The Natanz Gas Enrichment Plant (FEP), masking 100,000 square meters and created eight meters underground, is one of various Iranian amenities monitored by the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

“The incident took spot in a facility in an open up area around Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility. There had been no casualties or damages and the nuclear website is running as normal,” the agency’s spokesman, Behrouz Kamalvandi, was quoted as saying by Iran’s Tasnim information company.

A workforce of specialists from Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation is investigating the lead to of the incident, he claimed.

“There is no issue about the probability of contamination as a person of the sheds which was inactive and less than design was weakened and not the facility alone,” Kamalvandi told point out information company IRNA.

(Creating by Parisa Hafezi Enhancing by Catherine Evans and Angus MacSwan)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *